2020 has been challenging for everyone, and I felt it for the ages.
Finally, it is the end, and 2021 will begin tomorrow. I thought it would be fun to take this chance to share what’s happening to me and what I have changed about my work and life.
What I have done in 2020:
2020 was a great time to digest what I have done past few years, learn from them, and think about what I want to do in my life to get ready next decade and what is meaning and mission.
- Shut down the American company, which ran the service called Foxsy previously and done the last tax filing this September.
- Left the previous investment firm, Zeroth.ai, in February.
- Worked on AI Research Lab: a joint incubation program for the Masason Foundation and Minerva Schools with aspiring entrepreneurs during summer
- started a new fund business&company: Shogun Capital, with Sachin in September
- Advised/Advising a few startups
This year has been challenging for everyone, no exception for me. I needed to stay home and dispatch from other people. The great thing is my friends, family, and GF are very supportive of me always. In the end, it gives
- read more book, ideally, two books per month
- write a personal learning blog for work
- deleted Instagram and try not to use social media that much for unique use-case
- Traveled to Kyoto with my GF during Autumn Leaves, which was my first time and beautiful season and less tourist due to a COVID. And Shimoda, Izu-city during summer. White sand beach and ocean was very clean and blue with many many local foods and fresh fishes.
- meditation every morning
- put my phone away an hour before sleep
- more time with family, especially my mom
My health condition is quite good. More exercise this year. I also bought a standing desk and a monitor at my apartment. It helps my back and neck pain.
- I bought all the workout equipment and weight training twice a week at home.
- gain weight and 2kg more until 80kg
- daily work for an hour almost every day
- once a week running so far my average speed is 5 minutes 18 seconds for 1km
- continue to do Yoga at least once a week
- Surfing once a week or twice a month in Chiba. Yesterday was my last surf day this year.
- Futsal with friends twice a month. If you want to play it with us, feel free to join this group.
- More cook me and eat balanced meals.
What I will do next year, 2021:
“More output and execution instead of observing information” will be an idea.
- Launch our first fund.
- Advising startups more
- Events once a month
- Start podcasts once a week or even twice a week.
- Write a blog once a week for personal learning.
- Read two books every month.
- More automation for life and maximize time spent on something meaningful
- Meditation for every morning and evening for at least 10 minutes each time.
- Appreciation for the time, every single moment
- Continue my exercise routine.
- Run 1km under 5minutes
- Join the half marathon
- Participate in the longboard surf competition
- Gain 2kg more
Happy holidays, enjoy your new years eve with your family and friends. Looking forward to 2021 in 6 hours in Japan time.